Friday 16 December 2016

Top 10 HR questions Everyone must know before attending any interview

                Top 10 HR questions Everyone must know before attending any interview
                             
image
Top HR interview questions

Q 1      Tell me something about yourself
Ans:
My name is…….I was born in….and grew up……..where I learnt to……..love nature/deal with the limitations of a small city? I actively learnt to fend for myself in a big city.
I am currently finishing my masters…………Right from my early years I learnt……developed……enjoyed……. (Talk of some things relevant to the job)
While I was in college…(leadership skills) (ability to organize) ( analytical ability) (Get along with other people)
a.      I can summarize my life in 3 words…………….hard work, perseverance and interesting
b.      The quotation I live my life by is “………………….”
c.       People who know me say…………………………They appreciate me for my……….
d.      When I was 7 years old I told myself……….I will work hard and …….
e.      If I decide to make a movie about myself I would call it “……”

Tips (Don’t bore the other person, make it sharp and specific )

Q 2      Why should we hire you? /Why do you want this job?
Ans:

If you know the employer’s greatest needs and desires, this question will give you an advantage over other candidates because you will give him better reasons for hiring you than anyone else is likely to…reasons tied directly to his needs.

Whether your interviewer asks you this question explicitly or not, this is the most important question of your interview because he must answer this question favorably in his own mind before you will be hired. So help him out! Walk through each of the position’s requirements as you understand them, and follow each with a reason why you meet that requirement so well.

Example: “As I understand your needs, you are first and foremost looking for someone who can manage the sales and marketing of…………. As you’ve said you need someone with a strong background in ………………………. This is where I’ve spent a lot of time in the last 2 years at ‘school/college/university’…………….

As I evaluate my skills and goals, this job maximizes on both. My knowledge of…….and……..will help me to strategize for……I have always willingly shouldered responsibility and faced challenges and as I can foresee, this job will have both. (Talk of company’s vision and mission)

I am a quick learner and am self motivated I will add value to my company without much supervision.

I have done my home work on this company and I see this position as almost being made to order…….It has the challenge…..I have the competencies…….This company’s good reputation and values make it head and shoulders above others


Q 3      What is your idea of a good working environment?

The most important would be a clear road map where people are clear about what they are expected to do. I would be happy working with people who are equally willing to teach and to learn

President career missions says “If you want great working environment you must -State a clear mission and live it daily devise a strategic plan that is understood and embraced by everyone Show me a company with great communication and I will show you a great company Build a culture where everyone is a part of the team Be flexible to change and Have fun


Q 4      Tell me something that is not on your resume
Ans:
Nature lover
Fond of poetry
Good at……
Enjoy ……spending quality time with my family


Q 5      How would your friends describe you?
Ans:Dependable (why) good at planning
Good listener
Good fun and entertaining

Q 6      What are your strengths?

You know that your key strategy is to first uncover your interviewer's greatest wants and needs before you answer questions. Prior to any interview, you should have a list mentally prepared of your greatest strengths.

As a general guideline, the most desirable traits that all employers love to see in their employees are:
1.      A proven track record as an achiever...especially if your achievements match up with the employer's greatest wants and needs.
2.      Intelligence..Honesty...integrity...a decent human being
3.      Good fit with corporate culture...someone to feel comfortable with...a team player who mixes well with interviewer's team.
4.      Likeability...positive attitude...sense of humor, Good communication skills, Dedication...willingness to walk the extra mile to achieve excellence
5.      Definiteness of purpose...clarity of goal, Enthusiasm...high level of motivation and confidence, Match with Job Description and the skills required
6.      People take pride in finishing their task on time. I finish not only well in time but I also do it well (how do you go about it)

Q7       What are your weaknesses?

1.      Have the answer to, “What’s your greatest strength/weakness?” (FYI: Your greatest weakness is just a strength taken to an extreme, “I’m so interested in my subject; I tend to inundate people with detail about it. But I’m learning to pick and choose what information will be most effective,” etc.)
2.      I took on too much in projects, functions etc but then I realized that working with a team yielded better results, it was also more fun and rewarding so I learnt to delegate
3.      I sometimes push my people too hard. I like to work with a sense of urgency and everyone is not always on the same wavelength

Q 8      How do you deal with criticism/Pressure?
Over the years I have learnt to deal with criticism. Some of it has helped me to evolve better as a person because it was given to me as genuine feedback and I accepted it willingly. At other times, I have dealt with criticism which was purely a “put down” I have tried not to get effected by it.

Pressure is a part of life. Pressure/good stresses are motivators. One should react to the situation and not the stress.

It stays with you in some form or the other and if you allow it to de-motivate you, you cannot succeed. Life is not a cakewalk and I have dealt with my share of pressure quite well (be ready with a story or past incidence as an example to support your conviction)

Q 9      What do you know about us?

Make sure you do the required research about the company. Research the company/interviewer exhaustively. What’s their best selling product/mission statement/biggest competitor? Why specifically do you want to work for them? How exactly are you going to contribute to their success? Also research the person who heads it /founder etc. Find out their outstanding qualities and what they did right.

Q 10    Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I am looking at making a long term commitment. I know I have the skills and the qualification to back me In terms of my future career path, I’m confident that if I do my work with excellence, the road to growth  will inevitably open up for me and I’m confident I’ll have plenty of opportunities here.”


The only right answer is to describe what this company is offering, being sure to make your answer believable with specific reasons, stated with sincerity, why each quality represented by this opportunity is attractive to you.




EmoticonEmoticon